Previous week I've deployed a new version of which brings a new asynchronous architecture based on EventMachine which makes DNS reports really fast (on average ~7 seconds/report). Now most of delay is produced by mail servers and its RBL checks, I still need to make some fine tunings.

While working on this release I've learned a few things:

  • Event-driven programming is hard, it's very easy to lock the entire process while waiting for event/condition that will never happen :)
  • Extending Ruby with C is fun
  • Starbucks may not have the best coffee, but it's a great way to escape from daily routine (warm ambiance, free WiFi and AC Power included)


DomainKeys checks where removed as everyone is migrating to it's successor DKIM (no DKIM checks right now).