Previous week I've deployed a new version of DNSInspect.com which brings a new asynchronous architecture based on EventMachine which makes DNS reports really fast (on average ~7 seconds/report). Now most of delay is produced by mail servers and its RBL checks, I still need to make some fine tunings.
While working on this release I've learned a few things:
- Event-driven programming is hard, it's very easy to lock the entire process while waiting for event/condition that will never happen :)
- Extending Ruby with C is fun
- Starbucks may not have the best coffee, but it's a great way to escape from daily routine (warm ambiance, free WiFi and AC Power included)
- Asynchronous architecture: checks are executed in parallel which leads to faster reports
- IDN (Internationalized Domain Names) support: Example reports:
- TLD DNS reports: Example TLD reports
DomainKeys checks where removed as everyone is migrating to it's successor DKIM (no DKIM checks right now).